- Ceol Agus Craic Happy New Year show On our Jan 2nd 2021 show we remember the late great Liam O’Reilly, we say good riddance to 2020 and look forward to brighter days ahead in 2021.
- Ceol agus Craic Wren Boys show A host of great entertainers join us today and entertain us through the morning and early afternoon. Led by Jonathan Lynn, we are led through an amazing line-up of great live musical performances.
- Ceol agus Craic December 19th show Members of our community call in today to wish all of our listeners a very safe and happy holiday and we have a host of Christmas tunes at the ready.
- Ceol agus Craic December 12th 2020 On todays show we were joined by Chloe Agnew of Celtic woman and daughter of Twink, we also heard from The Murphy Sisters from Claremorris, Co Mayo and Sinead Canavan also called in to discuss this years Pot of Gold draw.
- Ceol agus Craic December 5th 2020 On this weeks show we are joined by Late Late Show sensation Mikie Moloney from Ballina. Also joined by MP James Moloney and I/Can man Micheal O’Rourke
- Ceol agus Craic 28th November On this weeks show we welcome Tadgh Cox, singer songwriter from Banagher, Co. Offaly. Tadgh is raising funds for Cancer through his music.
- Ceol agus Craic November 21st On this weeks show we commemorate the 1920 Croke Park shootings including a riveting interview with Michael Foley, author of “The Bloodied Field” and sports journalist with The Irish Times.
- Ceol agus Craic 14th Nov Show http://saturdayirishradio.com/14-nov-2020/ Special guests this week: Delighted to have Galway man Sean Symth co-founder of Irish trad band Lúnasa join us this Saturday. We will also have Shane O’Neill newly elected for a second term as IPOY President (no president elect here…) Cathy Murphy I/CAN Executive Director will make a big announcement this Saturday
- Ceol agus Craic Nov 7th show Special Guests this week were Aoife Scott and former Eurovision song contest singer for Ireland Cahal Dunne. More great tunes of course including Joe…
- Ceol agus Craic October 31st show Special guests this week: Mary Coughlan, Irish icon and music legend. Mary’s new album ‘Life Stories’ is available now. Local talent Julie Fitzgerald – Julie is a 2-Time Canadian Grand Masters Fiddle Champion and Open Step Dance Champion. She tours with her siblings Tom and Kerry in the group called The Fitzgeralds, who were just nominated for the 2020 Canadian Folk Music Awards for ‘Instrumental Group of the Year’. Julie has guest performances with Cherish the Ladies, The Step Crew, Sharon Shannon, Lunasa, Nathan Carter, Leahy, Natalie MacMaster, and We Banjo 3.
- Ceol agus Craic October 24th show Special Guests this week are Rugby legend Keith Wood, Eurovision song contest winner Charlie McGettigan and Newfoundland trad musician Matthew Byrne.
- Ceol agus Craic 17th October Special guests this week: Singer and musician Daoirí Farrell calls in from Dublin – and local musician, singer and songwriter Michael Kelly Cavan
- Ceol agus Craic 10th Oct Radio Show Special guests this week: Artists and producers, Eleanor Kenny and Fran King, also known as Fear O’Folk. Local Musician – The talented Michael O Grady joined us for a chat. Also the final tally from Diane Flanagan from Solace House on last weekends epic fundraiser and the winning team will be introduced.
- Ceol agus Craic 3rd Oct Radio Show
Special guests this week: Singer, songwriter, musician from Wexford: Gordon Barry Singer, musician and star of the latest video for Nathan Carter’s new hit – Sal Heneghan from Mayo
- Ceol agus Craic 26th September show
Special guests this week: From Magherafelt, County Derry, Michael Hurley, Mayor of Burnaby BC and recent recipient of the 2020 RBC top 25 Immigrant award will join us live for a chat.
Local entertainers Saskia Tomkins and Steafan Hannigan will also be on for a chat about how they have maintained their connection with the community during Covid.
- Ceol agus Craic 19th September radio programme
Special guests this week: New Irish Ambassador to Canada Eamonn McKee, joined by Honor
Irish musician Ken Griffin making NY his home his band August Wells release their new album in October ‘No More Operators’
Local Ottawa musician Graham Lindsey chats about his new album ‘The next best thing’
Cathy Murphy from I/CAN calls in to chat about their nomination to the finals of the Toronto Star readers choice awards. Make sure you vote for them. VERY IMPORTANT: We are listed as IRISH CANADIAN IMMIGRATION CENTRE. There is another ICAN nominated (ICAN Education) but that is not us!
- Ceol agus Craic 12th September radio show
A collection of players, managers and organizers from the famous trip by Coalisland Fianna to play Toronto Select in 1990 will join us to chat about that famous gaelic football game in Toronto. Included will be 3-time Ulster winner with Tyrone Damian O’Hagan.
Also, Diane Flanagan from Solace House Canada will join us to share details about the “go the distance challenge” taking place in October.
- Ceol agus Craic 5th September MIXLR RADIO SHOW
Special guests this Saturday include; Irish country music legend Brendan Quinn – singer, musician and songwriter Sinéad McNulty Ard Stiúrthóir (Chief Executive Officer) of the Camogie Association Eithne Heffernan will give an update on Irish Support Group and the local scéal
- Ceol agus Craic MIXLR Radio show 29th AUGUST
This week the lads are joined by special guests;
David Larkin – David calls in from Galway and chats about his new album dedicated to Percy French compositions
Local artists Donna O’Regan and Tiz McNamara both originally from Cork speak to the lads about their summer and their new recording
Paul Smyth calls in from Dublin to chat soccer – Paul is a director at Home Farm FC
- Ceol Agus Craic 22 AUG Radio Show
The wonderful, talented and interesting, singer, songwriter, performer, poet and dreamer John Spillane calls in from Cork
- Ceol Agus Craic 15th August Radio Programme
The lads are joined by David Howley of Irish band We Banjo 3 (WB3) David called in from Nashville
And local talent Emily Flack calls in from the Ottawa Valley
- Ceol Agus Craic 8th AUGUST show
Our special guests today:
Connacht GAA Council CEO John Prenty
Irish singer, songwriter from Laois Chris Conroy
Local legends Paul and Trish Noonan
- 1st August Ceol Agus Craic programme
Along with the usual selection of great Irish music the lads are joined by special guests today.
Ambassador Jim Kelly who will leave his post in Ottawa calls to say goodbye.
Honorary Consul Eithne Heffernan joins the conversation to virtually present the Ambassador with a parting gift from the various community groups.
Local lad Kevin Kennedy originally from Westport, Co. Mayo tells a few stories and sings a couple of songs, including a Joe number…
Irish legend songwriter Johnny B. Broderick calls in from Loughrea, Co. Galway to chat about his songs and his relationship with Seán Keane
- CEOL AGUS CRAIC SHOW 25th JULY
Special guests: Lisa Canny from Mayo and DeJay Edmund from Bristol chat about their new project MoM. Lisa is a 7 time All Ireland Champion on Harp and Banjo and DeJay was brought up in American Gospel music and Church music. Their sound is something special – Trad meets Gospel
Paul Smyth; General Manager of storied football club Home Farm in Dublin
Local musician and man about town Pat King
- CEOL AGUS CRAIC SHOW 18th JULY
Guest this week include Shane Dowling – a human hurling highlight reel and All Ireland medal winner for club and county will call in from Limerick for a chat about his recent retirement at age 27. Local entertainer Brian Taheny will also join us and indeed Micheal O’Rourke from I/CAN and originally from Armagh will also call in.
- CEOL AGUS CRAIC SHOW 11th JULY
Special guests this week: John Horan – President GAA
Jason Branagan – Dublin based director and producer – His new film ‘Breaking Ice’, tells the incredible story of the Irish bobsleigh team and their attempt to get to the Winter Olympics in Calgary 1988
Michael Darcy – local singer songwriter and musician, originally from Clare.
And a great selection of music from Mark – might be an auld Joe song in there.
- CEOL AGUS CRAIC SHOW 4th JULY
Irish music legend Sean Keane joins the lads from Donegal
Local lads, musicians and singers The Expats, Liam and Danny call in from Toronto
John McManus, lead singer and guitarist with Irish band Runabay. John calls in from the Glens of Antrim
- Ceol Agus Craic LIVE MIXLR 27th JUNE show
Special guests this week:
Bobby O’Donovan – originally from Cork now in Toronto – former front man for Sons of Erin and The Irish Rovers
Dan Cadigan – Police office, singer, guitar player and man with his finger on the pulse of all things Irish in Newfoundland calls from St. Johns
Michael Keane – Proprietor of The Galway Arms – chats about the reopening and life through Covid
- Ceol agus Craic Radio Show on 1430AM 27th JUNE
Join the lads for some banter and sport and of course the bit of ceol
- CEOL AGUS CRAIC MIXLR LIVE SHOW 20TH JUNE
THE LADS ARE LIVE AND HAVE SPECIAL GUESTS THIS WEEK:
KERRY MORTIMER – CGAA TRESURER AND OTTAWA GAELS PLAYER
PAULI – SINGER SONGWRITER CALLS IN FROM DUBLIN TO CHAT ABOUT HIS NEW MUSIC
- Ceol Agus Craic 13th JUNE MIXLR LIVE SHOW
The lads are live on MIXLR every Saturday
Special guests this week:
Conor Moore – Comedian, impersonator, Golf channel host
Eithne Heffernan – Honorary Consul
Robert Delaney – Dublin singer songwriter
- Ceol Agus Craic 6th JUNE MIXLR LIVE SHOW
The lads are back for another edition of their live www.Mixlr.com/ceolaguscraic programme
Special guests: Up and coming singer songwriter Lorraine Nash calls in from Kerry, Ireland
and Irish Soprano Mary Culloty O’Sullivan rings the lads from Killarney, Ireland
- Ceol Agus Craic MIXLR LIVE PROGRAMME
Join the lads for their live MIXLR SHOW
Special guests today:
Diane Flanagan – Solace House Canada
Tim Moher – musician and composer
Fiona O’Brien – Comedian
- Ceol agus Craic 23rd MAY MIXLR LIVE SHOW
William ‘SMITTY’ Smith joins the lads for a chat
- Ceol Agus Craic 16th MAY LIVE SHOW ON MIXLR
The lads are back together for their live online show
Colm O’Brien host of The Long Note on Radio Regent joins the lads to remember Frankie Benson
Cormac Monaghan calls in to chat about life during Covid
- Ceol Agus Craic LIVE MIXLR radio show 9th May
Join the lads every Saturday morning at 11AM EST on www.mixlr.com/ceolaguscraic for just that music and fun
Today Sean Harte Chair of the GAA in Canada calls in to chat to the lads
Cathy Murphy Executive Director of I/CAN speaks to Ken and Mark about their efforts during the pandemic
- Ceol agus Craic 9th May Radio programme
A fine mix of Irish talent played for your listening pleasure
Let the music keep your spirits high!
- Ceol agus Craic 2nd MAY LIVE MIXLR RADIO SHOW
The lads go live on their internet www.mixlr.com/ceolaguscraic radio show
Irish Ambassador to Canada Jim Kelly
Publican Patrick Quinn of the Quinn group
Frontline worker and former Irish Person of The Year Geraldine Browne
New comer to Canada, West Meath’s own Sally Gorman
- May 2nd radio show
Donna Dooher joins us from Mildreds Temple Kitchen and Mary Kelleher reads us a poem for Mayo day
- Ceol agus Craic 25th April LIVE online show
Ken and Mark are joined by legends of the Irish community in Toronto
MP James Maloney
Publican Della Keane of the Galway Arms
- Ceol agus Craic 25th April radio show
The lads are reunited off the top of the show
Mark interviews Aisling Donoher mother of Dan Donoher and the “Do it for Dan” fundraising campaign
- Ceol agus Craic 11th April show
- Ceol agus Craic 4th April show
- CEOL AGUS CRAIC 28TH MARCH PROGRAMME
Week 2 of our Covid-19 taped show
Please enjoy the tracks and sin-a-long
- CEOL AGUS CRAIC 21ST MARCH RADIO PROGRAMME
OUR FIRST WEEK TAPING THE PROGRAMME BECAUSE OF COVID-19
ENJOY THE TUNES!
- Ceol Agus Craic 14th March Radio Programme
The lads are live in studio
Eithne Heffernan calls the lads to chat about the big announcement that Eithne is the new Hon Consul General
- Ceol agus Craic Leap year programme
Terry Smith from www.justsocks.ca calls in to chat about this year’s programme
Cathy Jordan from Dervish calls in from the US to speak about their upcoming concert in Markham 6th March
Des gives his news round from Ireland
- Ceol Agus Craic 22 FEB Radio programme
Shane O’Neill calls in to chat about IPOY
Robert Kearns and William Peat from Ireland Park Foundation join the lads to talk up all the activity coming up
- Ceol Agus Craic 8th FEB show
Des calls in with the news from Ireland
Shane O’Neill calls in from the Irish Embassy to update the Six Nations
- Ceol agus Craic radio programme 25th January
Diane Flanagan calls in to chat about the J.B Keane play Many young men of twenty that TIP are putting on in February and also about the upcoming Race night fundraising event for Solace House
Dee Quinn from cycling Ireland calls the lads from the Velodrome in Milton where the Irish are in town competing in a World racing event
- Jan 18th 2020 radio show
More great music from the lads
- Jan 4th 2020 show
Mark and ken celebrate Eamon’s anniversary with Clare tunes
- Ceol agus Craic 11th January programme
The lads are in studio for the usual banter
Interview with celebrity Chef Kevin Dundon
Des brings the news from Ireland